- The episode begins with a flashback of the Battle of Wolf 359. As soon as the battle begins, the Borg destroy an attacking Starfleet ship in one shot.
- Sisko's ship - the Saratoga - is heavily damaged by Borg weapons fire and most of the bridge crew are killed immediately.
- As Sisko searches his ruined quarters to find his wife and son, another Starfleet ship can be seen exploding outside the viewport.
- The Saratoga survivors watch from their escape pods as the Borg cube obliterates the Saratoga.
- When Sisko and O'Brien meet on Deep Space Nine, O'Brien informs the commander that four Bajoran shopkeepers were killed as the Cardassians were leaving the station.
A Man Alone
- Ibudan - Portrayed by Steven James Carver. A former Bajoran criminal, he was sent to prison by Odo for murder. After the end of the Cardassian Occupation, he was released and he attempted to take revenge on Odo by cloning himself and framing the constable for his own murder. Ibudan killed his clone by stabbing him in the back.
- A group of criminals board a Starfleet freighter and gun down its crew.
- Rao Vantika - in control of Dr. Bashir's body - shoots his accomplice when he refuses to take the freighter to warp.
- The Ennis and Nol-Ennis, two opposing armies on a prison planet in the Gamma Quadrant, are locked in never-ending war with each other. Both sides are affected by artificial microbes in the planet's atmosphere that keep them alive and reanimate them if they die, meaning that they live forever in constant suffering. Multiple times in the episode, the Ennis and Nol-Ennis fight each other and many on each side are killed, only for the microbes to ressurrect them minutes later.
- A Klingon vessel emerges from the wormhole only to explode seconds later.
- A sole Klingon manages to beam on to DS9 as his ship explodes. However, he has suffered severe combat injuries and dies shortly after transporting to the station. He says only one word before his death: "Victory".
In the Hands of the Prophets
- Ensign Aquino - An unseen Starfleet technician who apparently died after being disintegrated by a plasma eruption in a service conduit. An investigation later reveals that Aquino was murdered and his body was relocated then disintegrated by a phaser discharge.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.